The Best Green Unicorn Smoothie
This is by far one of my favorite go-to snacks or meals. Perfect for post workout refueling, it's packed with goodness, and super easy to make. My advice when trying DIY smoothies is to play around and see what you like. Don't be scared of the green! As long as you add fruit along with your greens, you won't even taste it. The vegan protein powder I use adds an awesome vanilla sweetness as well with less than 1g of sugar per scoop!
Green Unicorn Smoothie
What you need:
- Half a banana - the base to any good smoothie
- Frozen mango - I like the flavor and creaminess this adds but if you don't have it on hand, use a full banana instead of half. I do this all the time when I run out!
- Fresh or frozen spinach or greens of your choice - I usually use frozen spinach as it's cheaper to buy and lasts longer. I also like frozen kale and collard greens.
- Greek yogurt - for more protein, gut health, and creaminess.
- Almond Milk - or the milk of your choice.
- Chia seeds - for MORE protein, and general good-for-you awesomeness.
- Vanilla protein powder - I worship Vega One's vanilla protein powder, although it is pricey it's also packed with magical things for your body so....
- Ice Cubes
- Add 1 cup greens, 1 cup almond milk, and 3 ice cubes in blender and blend for 10 seconds.
- Add a handful of mango, banana, two spoonfuls yogurt, one heaping spoonful chia seeds, one scoop protein power and another cup of milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass, add a straw and enjoy!
Tip: Make sure to rinse your blender right away, otherwise the smoothie will cake and be way more difficult to clean. Same goes for your glass and straw once you finish!